Monday, February 27, 2012

I've seen fire and I've seen rain...

Two things you won't find me talk about much on this blog:  God and NASCAR.

But after the Daytona 500 got delayed for over a day due to rain, it got interrupted again tonight.  I won't spoil the surprise, because nothing can do better justice than ESPN's greatest headline ever.

Reports are no one was actually injured (thank God {mention #1}), so I feel that I can be somewhat flippant about this.  There's probably a lot more to be said about this than I care to invest at this moment, especially regarding greed vs safety, especially coming after the death of Dan Wheldon in a crash just 4 months ago, but for now all I can think of are two things:

1) God REALLY doesn't want this race to happen, and
2) FIRE RULEZ!!!!

UPDATE:  Oh!  Apparently NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski posted video of the conflagration of doom to twitter.  And I'm not supposed to text while I'm just sitting at a red light?  What the hell is a NASCAR driver doing with a camera phone with tweetability in his car?  I'm not sure if this is a worthwhile evolution of sport or the beginnings of a bad Emilio Estevez movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment